Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Trying to catch up




I was showing Jace out the window, and he thought it was pretty cool. So I was trying to get his attention so I could take a picture of him. Well, whenever I try to get Jace's attention, Oliver (our silky terrior) is right there in my face. Over the past year this dog has become obsessed with me. I think it had something to do with me being pregnant and being home with Jace for those 12 weeks. I just though this was funny and really showed what it like.


Leaky hole repaired



Jace was born with a very little hole on his neck that leaked slightly (I know this sounds very weird). We decided to have it fixed while he was young, even though it wasn't causing any problems. So that scheduled the surgery and removed this tube that ran from his neck to his tonsils. It was called something like a sinus fistula yadda yadda. The doc explained it this way, "when we are young fetuses we have gills and those gills either turn into things (like sinuses and such) or they dissolve. Well every once in a while they don't dissolve and we end up with this." So the surgery went well, he healed great and was back to normal in about 1 day. Babies are so resilient.




What's for dinner mom?




Jace finally discovered the dirt. And was eating it like it was good. I find it strange that he will gag on normal people food but eat dirt with no problems what so ever. And he goes back for seconds... and thirds... and fourths. Maybe I should add a little soil to his veggies. MMmmMM.





6 comments:

walkerfamily said...

Yay, the hole is leaky no more! Good news. Hope the insurance fiasco went OK also. Good to see a new post! PS I love your background.

rey2cute said...

I can't get over how big he is!!!!
I'm glad to see you so happy and glad that the leaky hole repair went well! Miss you.

Tiffany Robinson said...

oh my he is so big now!! Good to see that everything is going well for your family.

haley said...

Glad everything went well. He is so cute!

Lindsay said...

MORE MORE MORE!

Oh, and we just love Logan. Now w always tell each other how hammy we look. It cracks us up every time!

Jay and Ang said...

I still can't believe you and Logan have a baby together. I really am so happy for you guys. You both seem happy and lovin' life. I miss you so much.
I will be home in May to finish school...so we MUST get together.