Sunday, November 23, 2008

Warm Rain

The dog is our Harley and I just couldn't resist posting this picture. He was watching the boys play, wishing he could go with them.
One day this summer it started to rain really hard, and it was warm out there. I told them to go out side and play. They were glad to.Oh I remember rains like this from my childhood. It was so fun to feel the warm rain on your body, to run on the warm wet concrete with bare feet, to splash in the puddles. Not having to worry about anything. Does anyone remember those days where we had absolutely no worries?

When I think back to all the childhood memories that I hold dear, I start to realize that they didn't have anything to do with anything fancy, expensive, or exotic. I guess it relieves me a little with all these scary economic times, just to know that families, happiness, and the memories that we think back on with such nostalgia... are free and at the tips of our fingers.



4 comments:

walkerfamily said...

That is so true. I still love playing in the summer rain. Screw the hair, just go be a kid again with your own kids! When you ask your kids about their favorite memories it's never the big trips you took, it's always that day we played board games for family night, or went sledding after school together. Simple needs.

Heidi said...

I totaly remember rain like that! Oh the good old days. P.S. I tagged you.

Heidi said...

(totally)

Lindsay said...

Yep. To be a kid again. Just for a day, right? I look at old pictures and sometimes feel sad that I don't appreciate things the way I did when I was a kid. Some of my coolest discoveries were so simple. Now we deal with problems we never knew exsisted as a kid.